Wow! I have reached Day 10 already! I been a bit behind on my posts but I’m catching up (which is one of the reasons I’m up at 3:15 a.m writing this…)
It feels fitting actually that for my 10th post, both on Blogenture and in the Blogging 101 course, I write about one of the first things I did when I started my blog- choosing and customizing widgets.
With my current theme Circa, I have 3 sidebars all of which are available at the top of the page when you you click on the “Gear” button next to the “button with 4 lines” (menu button?). Apologies for the strange phrasing of it but that is what I call it. I’ve gone through the list of available widgets and I decided not to use many of them because I didn’t like them (like Meta; I don’t like seeing it on others’ blogs so I won’t put it on mine), they were unnecessary (like BandPage, Authors, etc) or I’ll decide what to do with them at a later stage (like Instagram and Facebook)
So for today’s task of customizing and playing with widgets, I have decided to add the Posts I Like widget. I have been finding a few posts that I like and would like to share them with you. One day, I would also like to add the Goodreads widget. I love reading books and although I do not have a Goodreads account yet, I will make one. In the mean time, I will definitely post pictures and reviews about the books I am reading and I like.
So for now, Sidebar 1 has
- CALENDER (my archive of posts in the form of a calender with dates included instead of just months)
- RECENT POSTS (self explanatory)
- POSTS I LIKE
Sidebar 2 has
- TEXT (this widget has been customized to display the Blogging U badge)
- GALLERY (called *Click Me* to display pictures)
Sidebar 3 has
- CUSTOM MENU (this, for my theme, has to be customized to display the social media sites I want me blog to be sharable in. It can be accessed by clicking on the “Heart” button at the top of the page)
- FOLLOW BUTTON (for WordPress users to follow my blog)
- FOLLOW BUTTON (for non WordPress users to follow my blog using their email id)
I hope you enjoyed reading about my widgets and that this was at least a little informative. I hope you now know a little more about me and what I like.
See you soon!